1. Matthew Downie – Primera-Team Jobs
2. Lee Frost – VC Equipe Flix
3. George Smith – VC Equipe Flix
4. Alexander Cross – Team Vision Innovative Leisure
5. Benjamin Marks – Morvelo Basso RT
6. Mitchell Webber – BIKE Channel Canyon
7. Liam Walsh – VC St Raphael
8. Andy Shackel – Team Wiggle
9. Etienne Georgi – Team Wiggins
10. Matt Langworthy – Saint Piran
11. Jack Freeman – VC Meudon
12. Michael Ford – VC St Raphael
13. William Bjergfelt – Neon-Velo Cycling Team
14. William Harper – One Pro Cycling
15. Tristan Robbins – Raleigh GAC
16. Ben Davis – Bristol RC
17. Daniel Halksworth – Team Bottrill – HSS Hire
18. Oscar Hutchings – VC Equipe Flix
19. Graham Collins – Team Tor 2000 KALAS
20. Jamie Caldwell – Portsmouth North End CC
Best U23 £50 Sponsored by Pedal Potential Matt Downie
Combativity Award £50 Sponsored by www.localriders,localraces.co.uk
"I saw Matt Langworthy go and went as hard as i could and straight away we had a good gap, as soon as i saw who was in the break i was quite confident it would stick. We were all working well, it was really fast for the first couple of laps, we did not let up, it was 30mph along Salt Lane, everyone taking a turn. I saw the cars drop back behind the group, i thought we might have been caught but i was saving myself a bit. There is always a little bit of concern, there were some good riders chasing, the gap dropped down but we managed to pick up the pace. George (Smith) led it out, he kept looking back, i was not sure about Lee's (Frost) sprint, i opened up, Lee got to within half a wheel and then started going back, i knew then i had got it. It was a tough race. I am very pleased, this is a good result"
"I thought the break would go later but it looked a good move, it was a strong group, the first couple of laps were hard but it did settle down. We knew the gap was coming down, we knew it was going to be close. Matt Downie was strong but we were all talking, keeping each other rolling through. We all had an attack in the final, George was stuck on the front, it was a drag race to the line"
" It was hard, it was good to get off straight away, we got into a good rhythm. The course was taking its toll, everybody was starting to feel it. We could see them coming, we all panicked a bit i think, we started to push it harder, Matt had a few digs, we tried to work a one/two but i did not have the legs in the end"
"I followed Matt Langworthy, he rode well at the Kalas Cup the other week, i knew he was strong, Matt Downie came across so we committed to it. Eighty five miles is long for me, i faded a bit towards the end, the Equipe lads were going strong, i was out of gas, i am looking forward to a roast dinner courtesy of Mrs Lovett" (Vicky Lovett (I-Team) rode the womens race, mum was cooking dinner!)
"I was not sure who was in the break, the gap was coming down but we were starting to suffer as well. Everyone was starting to get tired, we had a god group of riders but so was it up front, we got close but we should not have let them get away so far"
"It was very hard for me to get away. I tried repeatedly, but I was followed by a group of guys who didn't want to work.
Still had fun and went off the front of my group on the last lap. It was a really hard race."