"I caught the two up the front, there was a gap so i just kept on pushing, i wanted to win it solo, i have been training for this, i was quietly confident. The last two laps started to hurt, i wondered if i could stay out but i put my head down and just kept going, i knew a lot of the others wouldn't put their heads in the wind, i thought if i am in the wind they are probably not working"
"Im happy with second, my legs are a bit tired from the Bristol GP last night (Georgi won in Bristol) but i wanted to race both. Three of us almost got to them but the bunch got to us, every stopped working and the gap just went out"
"No one really wanted to work to chase it down, Kim was very strong but it was quite a negative race"
"initially I didn't realise I had a gap and then when Kimberley came across we pulled ahead but she was awesome on the hills and I couldn't keep up! So I was in no man's land, I'd never catch her but I didn't know what the gap was to the bunch. The moto spurred me on when he said 1m20s! But in the end I got caught. Coming into the final 300m I knew there were strong sprinters still in the mix so I jumped first, didn't quite have the legs to hold on for a podium spot but what a good race, and a great field of strong women. I'll be back next year!"
1. Kimberley Ashton – Casp Racing
2. Pfeiffer Georgi – Liv CC – Epic Coaching
3. Jenny Corser – Team RGB Building Supplies
4. Jessica Finney – Portsmouth North End CC
5. Fiona Redding – Radeon Bike Science RT
6. Emma Cockroft – Bianchi Dama UK
7. Corrine Clark – Velo Vitesse
8. Rebecca Carter – Team WNT
9. Jennifer Powell – Team Ford Ecoboost
10. Florence Cox – Equipe Flamme Rouge
11. Hannah Newsham – Somerset RC – The Bicycle Chain
12. Jennifer Holden – Fusion RT Fierlan
13. Alice Staniford – Team RGB Building Supplies
14. Victoria Lovett – I-Team CC
15. Mercy Webb – Storey Racing
U23 £50 Sponsored by Pedal Potential Pfeiffer Georgi
Combativity Award £50 Sponsored by www.localriderslocalraces.co.uk Kimberley Ashton
Lots more Photos on our Facebook page