11 June 2013, Club 25 P451/25
After a rubbish morning the weather actually turned out nice for the evening club TT. With a steady Southerly wind the course was running fairly quick and the roads had dried from the morning's showers. Gary Dighton, knowing that Wednesday's forecast would likely cancel Poole Wheelers club TT, decided to join us and promptly backed up his recent form by slashing a huge 1:57 off of Paddy Dunn's old course record and set a new best mark of 53:40. A stunning time on this rather slow of 25 mile courses and further confirmation that the former comp record holder is starting to get back to his best.
Club points leader Steve Pink swiped 55 seconds off of his PB and 1:59 from his course best but went home slightly disappointed not to have gone 'under' for the first time despite a gut busting sprint for the line. However 15 maximum points and that PB were good consolation. Vets table points leader David Butt fresh from a birthday (and the extra 13 seconds he gains on his Vets standard time) also shaved a few seconds from his PB to round out the top three.
1. Gary Dighton Poole Wheelers 53:40 CR
2. Steve Pink CC Weymouth 1:00:08 PB
3. David Butt CC Weymouth 1:01:18 PB
4. Gordon Scott Chippenham Wheelers 1:05:46
5. Andrew Jackson CC Weymouth 1:09:14
6. Andrew Stevenson CC Weymouth 1:09:27
7. Ian Miller CC Weymouth 1:12:58
8. Steve Trigwell CC Weymouth 1:14:06
9. Richard Gould CC Weymouth 1:20:49
Thanks to CC Weymouth