23 April 2013, Club 18 Hilly P451/18
There is nothing like a bit of warm sunshine (at long last) to bring everyone out of the woodwork. Spirits were high, conditions were good and so 14 people turned up for our hardest test over a course going up the higher Sherborne road and back down the Cerne Valley. Steve Pink took a narrow win from David Butt (both setting new PBs) and the resurgent Matt Merritt got himself back on the podium after a tough 2012, although just missing his own PB by seconds.
It was also good to see three day members in Peter James (a superb debut), Matt Lawes (great first effort) and a young Bethan Whittall (great effort and good to see a female presence) lets hope all three enjoyed the evening and will become regulars?
Next week we take our first trip of the season over to the 10 mile P459 around Monkey World and the Glider club. Anybody riding the course for the first time is asked to be aware of the drain cover on the inside of the very tight final turn back up on to the home straight (Puddletown Road).
1. Steve Pink CC Weymouth 47:34
2. David Butt CC Weymouth 47:41
3. Matt Merritt CC Weymouth 51:52
4. Peter James Day member 52:58
5. Ian Roe CC Weymouth 54:39
6. Matt Lawes Day member 54:46
7. Paul Gale CC Weymouth 57:09
8. Ian Miller CC Weymouth 57:22
9. Andrew Jackson CC Weymouth 57:55
10. Andrew Stevenson CC Weymouth 58:17
11. Andrew Preston CC Weymouth 58:49
12. Bethan Whittall (W) Day member 1:02:36
13. Stuart Carrington CC Weymouth 1:03:35
14. Richard Gould CC Weymouth 1:05:17
Thanks to Steve Pink