07 May 2013, Club 25 P451/25
A warm but windy night with 10 riders taking on the traditional distance of time trialling. Club fast man Greg Parker proved his worth taking a comfortable win in 56:55 despite only using the race as some 'pacing' training for his bigger goals this season. Triathlete Chris Walker turned in an impressive 57:41 for 2nd, which is a huge improvement over last year and shows he must have been training hard this winter and Ian Hobley, riding the course for the first time in years, took 3rd. In the race for the club points trophy David Butt got the better of the other club regulars to finish 4th in 1:01:26, which is also a healthy PB, and close things up in the table.
Finally a personal thanks should go out to Ian Hobley, who is returning to racing after a few years in the wilderness, for allowing me to race by providing a spare tub after I punctured on my way to the sign on. The generosity of this sport always impresses me.
1. Greg Parker CC Weymouth 56:55
2. Chris Walker Bustin Skin 57:41
3. Ian Hobley v0two.co.uk 1:01:22
4. David Butt CC Weymouth 1:01:24
5. Steve Pink CC Weymouth 1:02:07
6. Bryce Riglar CC Weymouth 1:02:36
7. Ian Roe CC Weymouth 1:06:14
8. Clark Anderson Thames Velo 1:10:35
9. Andrew Preston CC Weymouth 1:10:43
10. Steve Trigwell CC Weymouth 1:16:42
Thanks to Steve Pink